.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Nar

Pulsus a mortuus equus. thedailynar@gmail.com

Google
 
Web thedailynar.blogspot.com

Friday, February 25, 2005

A small victory

Same-sex law passes

For those paying attention, the Ontario Government passed its own same-sex legislation today, a companion to the federal law still under debate in the house. This law ammends all provincial laws (church is provincial) to re-define marriage to include homosexual couples. It also protects religious institutions by allowing them to refuse gay marriages.

I still think this is a great idea, mainly because I could care less about what gay or straight people want to do with their relationships. I have a hard enough time keeping my own signifiant other from killing me!

/flame on

Gay marriage has absolutely, no, zero, zilch impact on my life or my future; just like the right to breastfeed in public. It has no impact on any other person's life either ('cept maybe the homosexuals trying to get married). I find it funny how religous conservatives fear the destruction of our moral fibre, the tearing down of our society, and, most importantly, the debasing of their religion if gays are allowed to marry. So why aren't they trying to make it mandatory for me to go to church? Hmm? Maybe it's because they don't care what I do. Live and let live and all that jazz. So why now? Why this? Piss off and let others live their lives just like you do.

/flame off

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home