.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Nar

Pulsus a mortuus equus. thedailynar@gmail.com

Google
 
Web thedailynar.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Launchcast defeated

We did it! Our letters, complaints and general bitching has brought us victory over Yahoo and Rogers Cable. As I check the Launchcast site, I discover they have split off the Canadian portion, and made it Hi-quality and ad-free once again for Roger's users. So thank you all, for I now have free Twisted Sister and Cinderella to bang my head to and scare the bejeezus out of my co-workers.

And speaking of defeat, I managed to see The War of the Worlds last night. The visuals, and especially the sound work is amazing. The sounds of the Tripods when they get ready to start killing people is truly scary. Very reminiscent of Half Like 2 for all you dorks. And I should make this clear - NOT FOR KIDS, no matter what the movie ads tell you. This movie should absolutely be rated R. Sadly, the story is more or less non-existent. It's like The Day After Tomorrow - people have to get somewhere, and it's hard. Then the crisis is over. That's it. A no-brainer, but probably a rental.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home