.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Nar

Pulsus a mortuus equus. thedailynar@gmail.com

Google
 
Web thedailynar.blogspot.com

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Rock and Roll Diaries

Last night, I got the opporitunity to hang with one of the old blokes in Shit From Hell (shitfromhell.com), and got play some new tunes with some old friends. It's been a good long time since I got the chance to sit down (or stand up) and work on some music making, probably about 2 years, give or take. And it was a pretty rad experience. When playing with old friends again, its like riding a bike. We've all gone on to play in different bands, playing pretty different styles of music, but the ideas still flowed like water. We got a pretty good rough sketch around 1 song, with a couple more ideas in the works. We even got asked if we were interested in playing a show at Sneaks in about a month or so. But I can't honestly see that happening. Don't get me wrong, playing with an all-girl-Ramones-cover-band sounds pretty damn awesome, but that's just an unrealistic timetable to write 25 minutes worth of material that doesn't make me cringe in disgust. And the Nar don't do cover tunes.

Hopefully, the fun will continue, and I'll have more to boast about in the future. Thanks to The Claw for hanging out with me, go Capreol!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home