.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Nar

Pulsus a mortuus equus. thedailynar@gmail.com

Google
 
Web thedailynar.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 10, 2005

TTC Fare Hike Official

Yup. Those greedy so-an-so's are at it again. Fares are set to rise 25-cents March 6th. That a lot of money. How much?

- 1M riders/day @ $2.50 = $2.5M/day
-$2.5M x 365 = $9.125B

These are quick figures. The official TTC site says they have over 400 million riders per year. Also, not everyone pays full fare (Metropass, tokens pay a little less). But it's close enough.

Has anyone stopped to ask how in the hell THE TTC COSTS 9 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR?!!! And they still cry that they are broke, and will have to cut back on repairs... Which brings me to my next point.

I'm sure a lot of you take the TTC in the morning to work. Have you noticed that the trains always run like sh*t in the morning? Right around morning rush hour? Coincidence? Ha! I'll bet my life the TTC is doing it on purpose. Service levels always seem to drop around the time they ask for money. It happens every year.

But seriously. If I had to run a mass transit system with annual income of 9 billion (excluding municipal, provincial and federal funding), I'm pretty sure I could afford a limo for each rider, replete with a champange (sp) breakfast and a newspaper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home