.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Nar

Pulsus a mortuus equus. thedailynar@gmail.com

Google
 
Web thedailynar.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

How big is your footprint?

Your ecological footprint, that is. An eco-footprint is the amount of stuff you take from the planet to live. For example: the average for Canada is 8.8 global hectares per person. That's how much biologically productive area is needed in this planet to support your current lifestyle. The planet can currently support the entire population living at a footprint of around 1.8.

Because I don't own a car, walk a lot, and am a vegetarian, my score is pretty low for a developed country: 3.9. Alas, it would still take 2.2 planets to support everyone if they lived like me. I find it pretty depressing: I try to my best to keep myself balanced between being ecologically conscience and having an enjoyable life, and I still suck!

Anyways, do the quiz here and email your results (NO CHEATING!) to thedailynar@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home