.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Nar

Pulsus a mortuus equus. thedailynar@gmail.com

Google
 
Web thedailynar.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Literati? I think not!

Today, after lunch, I did something I don’t often do.  I bought a book.  TWO books, in fact.  I’m a big proponent of getting books for free – either from friends or the public library.  But these two I just couldn’t pass up.

The first is Fury’s Hour, written by fellow bloggist and all-round renaissance-punk Warren Kinsella.  So far, I’ve read the first couple of pages, and it’s a bit of a trip.  While in 1980, I was sadly not playing punk rock music at the Calgary Stampede(?!), but it instantly reminded me (among other things) of being thrown out of school for playing Propagandhi covers at the battle of the bands.  Ah, the memories…

The second should really come as no surprise.  The Secret Mulroney Tapes by Peter C. Newman promises to be a page turner, if you’re into that sort of thing.  Mclean’s Magazine has an excellent primer for you here is you’re wondering whether or not you’d like to read the whole book.  I know I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home