.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Nar

Pulsus a mortuus equus. thedailynar@gmail.com

Google
 
Web thedailynar.blogspot.com

Friday, September 02, 2005

New Music Friday Vol. 23

Some new music to report:

- Minus the Bear have released their 5th album Menos El Oso. My time with this one has been limited thus far, but it sounds like what you'd expect from them. Math indie-rock with a groove sounds about right as a description. Media player is in the bottom right corner on this page. Highlight so far: Pachucha Sunrise.

- Ever heard of Saosin? Yeah, me neither. Apparently they have been around for a while too. Guess I should pay more attention to these sorts of things. Anyways, they have released a new album, a self-titled EP featuring a new singer. I heard one track off it - not bad but a little too west-coast for me. But what really impresses me is their first release - Translating the Name. Check them out here.

- The biggie of the week, however, has to be The Fall of Troy. These young guys (around 19-20) flew under the radar for a while, but their new album, Doppleganger, will put an end to that I guarantee. Quirky, angry, fast. A combination of The Blood Brothers, The Mars Volta and The Dillinger Escape Plan. I'm totally diggin' this right now. Fun Fact: the guitar player/singer's father was a studio guitarist with the Allman Brothers and the Eagles in the 1970's. From the sound of it, that skill has been passed on. Listen to some tracks here. Highlight so far: F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. (download the MP3)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home