.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Nar

Pulsus a mortuus equus. thedailynar@gmail.com

Google
 
Web thedailynar.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Why Blogger?


Recently, I've had a number of people ask me why I don't have my own website. Why do I continue to use Blogger for my site instead of my own place. Well, there's a number of reasons:

1. Money. Websites cost money. I'm not working right now, so spending money on a website is a luxury I can't (or at least shouldn't) afford. I have considered purchasing www.thedailynar.com and just have it point here.
2. Design. I am not a web guy. I tried designing a website once, and it didn't look so good. I think I'd rather use a site that has everything done for me. Even if it doesn't work very well with Mac.
3. Ease. Blogger gives me the ability to post from a simple shortcut that I can pull up from any webpage. That means I don't have to open another window, log in, create a new post, blah, blah, blah.
4. Lazy. Yup, I'm pretty sure I could figure out all that stuff and make a spiffy looking site people might actually read, because the number of this site are looking grim. That's another factor too, until I start pullin down some numbers that read higher than my bank balance, I think I'll stay were I am.

There's no reason why I use Blogger per se. I know there are other sites out there, like WordPress. But I'm pretty well established here and trying to get everything over to a new site would be difficult.

But! I do enjoy writing this here Blahg. To be honest, it's the only thing that keeps me busy these days, but doesn't always manage to keep me from going crazy (sorry again W!). What I'd like to see is more people getting involved too. If you like the site, link it! Send some new people my way! Got a band? Want it reviewed on the New Music Friday? Send you band stuff to thedailynar@gmail.com and we'll check it out. I promise I'll be nice. I've even turned on the comments section in a sad attempt to encourage people to come back to the site and flame each other! Good times for all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home