.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Nar

Pulsus a mortuus equus. thedailynar@gmail.com

Google
 
Web thedailynar.blogspot.com

Friday, April 22, 2005

Fresh Air...

By now, I'm sure every Tom, Dick, and Harold with a website has their junk up about what happened on the TV last night. Why, you may ask, did the Daily Nar not harness the power of the internets to get his thoughts and feelings up on the web as quickly as possible. The satisfy his seemingly endless cadre of adoring readers? Well, loyal fan, I felt it was necessary for me to pontificate on last nights events, collect my thoughts, and... oh! Who am I kidding! I lost interest in the middle of Jack "what's it gonna take to sell you this car today" Layton's rather off-target speech and went to the park to play Frisbee.

But now that I have your attention. Maybe I will say something about the PM's prerecorded speech last night. It was dull, it was expectedly dodgey, for second there I thought he was going to resign (silly me!). I was right in my prognostication that an election would go down in the spring, barring the opposition bringing down the house, as it were.

On that subject, the Tories said something to the effect of 'we will take this week to decide whether or not to force an election". Translation: 'we will take this week to create a war-room with conservative media giants across the country to see if they can sell an all out attack on the Liberals long enough for us to win. If they say yes, then let's get it on!'

Gilles Duceppe once again impresses me by just not giving a crap about anyone. Personally, I like his style. I also love the way he says federalism (feder-RAL-lism) and democratic (de-MO-cra-tick), it keeps me on my toes.

Jack - he just missed the broad side of the barn. His speech started off weird, then got boring. Maybe it's because he was last in line. Or maybe it's because, unlike everyone else, most of his speech had nothing to do with the issues at hand. Granted, I fully support the NDP's positions on the environment, green space, ad creep, and all the other adbusters-friendly terms he's come to learn on Queen Street. But he should have stuck to the subject matter. For some reason beyond me, the NDP seem motivated to downplay their pivotal role in the minority situation as much as possible. The NDP should be on TV all the time, always pushing their agenda through the fact that they are the tie-breaker. When Jack speaks, the other parties should be listening, and young people who agree with NDP's platform, should swell with pride. That's not happening. Maybe they should hire the The Daily Nar Consulting Group to help with their image, and ad campaign! Our slogan:

Ask About our Low Sponsorship Scandals Rates!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home