.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Nar

Pulsus a mortuus equus. thedailynar@gmail.com

Google
 
Web thedailynar.blogspot.com

Monday, April 04, 2005

Huh? Christians don't like Violent Movies?

So I saw Sin City over the weekend. I'm sure by now you know someone who has seen it. I'm also sure they've told you "It's not what I was expecting at all". This is an ultra-violent film. The filmmakers took care to make sure people didn't know that before they went in. It is far and beyond just about any other movie I've seen. On the plus side, it is an amazing looking movie, true to the dark, high-contrast black and white graphic novels it's lifted from. Even the dialogue is in tune with what you'd read in the ballons about a charatcer's head.

That being said, I have come acroos the Children's Alliance Project's review of the film. CAP is a christian group that rates films in accordance to what I think is the bible's measure of sin. Suffice to say, this movie scored a zero. As they put it "Every other "shalt not" in the Bible was likely violated in this film".

Enjoy the review!


SIN CITY (R [R]): CAP Movie Ministry Entertainment Media Analysis Report MAR25026

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home