.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Nar

Pulsus a mortuus equus. thedailynar@gmail.com

Google
 
Web thedailynar.blogspot.com

Friday, April 22, 2005

New Music Vol. 10

Wow.

Ten weeks of New Musics, and still going strong. Sort of. I'm rarely on time with them, and lately, the pickin's are gettin' slim. Here's a few tidbits

- Mastodon is a good band. This band has released a video for my favorite song, Blood and Thunder, on the Relapse Records site, as well as MTV and MTV2. Listen to Mastodon here.

- The Weakerthans are on to with The Constantines. They just passed through Toronto, and sadly I missed them. In case you live under a rock, The Weakerthans are like the post-punk alternative to the Hip. I know that's a bad reference but I can't think of any other way to describe them (and they did open for the Hip, yuck, on New Years Eve). Formed after frontman John K. Sampson left Propaghandi. I like them a lot. The Constantines are also a good band, be sure to check them both out.

- I mentioned them last week as part of Bamboozle, but thougth I should mention it again so it looks like I have a lot to say on our 10th anniversary. Small Towns Burn A Little Slower is another great little relatively unknown band that deserves (and will get) more attention. Listen to some tracks here.

So there you have it. 10 down, 1 million to go. In case I haven't said this in in a while: Email us your music links, news, and anything else related. WE NEED MATERIAL! Help keep the new music alive and popular!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home